Friday, April 16, 2010

Friday 16th April 2010 (Los Arcos to Logrono - total walked to date 95.92km):
We set off from Los Arcos at 7.15am as we had 28.8km to cover.  Our walks often take us on paths through vineyards and farms.  Today's journey had quite a lot of sharp ascends and the killers were really the sharp descends.  So we had a whole new lot of muscles working today and came away with muscle ache on the thighs.  Joy is my great "physiotherapist" - she gives me a massage at nights but unfortunately this comfort tonight is short lived because she is fast asleep (as I am typing).  We get very tired by the time we get to our destination for the day.  We enjoy the mornings as it is nice and cold but come afternoon it gets hot with the sun.  It truly zaps our energy!!  We had a nice lunch stop at Viana.  The problem with such stops is that we find it so difficult to get started again - we have to find our legs and feet for they seem to be lost (no feeling!).  Oh, today I was given new advice on how to treat blisters - use super glue.  I did - applied it over the blisters, it is supposed to dry them up.  Hope it works.  Right now I would try anything.  A trip to the Pharmacy has become a norm on arrival at every destination.   After this journey, I am sure we will be quite an authority on blisters and related problems from walking.  Tonight we are staying at Hostal Niza.  I had takeaway dinner as my feet were covered in all sorts of medication and I didn't want to go anywhere.  Guess what I had for dinner - Wonderbra!  I am not joking - Gen went out for dinner and came back with Wonderbra.  It was soooooo delicious I could have had more.  And what is Wonderbra?  Imagine a slice of french loaf covered with a delicious tomato based sauce and topped with two fried quail's eggs side by side.  If you should visit Logrono, I would highly recommend that you try Wonderbra.  Talking about food, Gen and I have developed a craving for Kas Naranga or Kas Limon (Kas Orange or Kas Lemon) - absolutely wonderful thirst quenchers.  We think about it waiting for us at the end of our journey and that is a real incentive to make it there.  Ok, I must end now.  It's 11.28pm and I should go to bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment