Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Monday 26th April 2010 (Terradillos de los Templorios to Bercianos de Real Camino - total walked to date 352.86km)

Tuesday 27th April 2010 (Bercianos de Real Camino - Leon)

I am sorry that I did not update my blog yesterday.  When we got in to Bercianos de Real Camino, I was really sick.  High fever, bouts of shiverring, stomach upset, just generally feeling rather sick.  So, Joy and I decided to take the bus from Bercianos this morning and come straight to Leon so that I can rest for 2 days.  We will resume walking on Thursday 29th April 2010.  Have been popping lots of panadol, Vit Cs, multi-Vits, whatever else that will give me relief.  I have been sleeping lots so I am sure the rest will do me good to face the challenges coming ahead (we need to scale 2 mountains - actually it is coming down that we are a little concerned.  Apparently it is very steep).  I need to rest again so till Thursday or tomorrow if I feel up to writing.  Goodnight.

11 comments:

  1. Oh dear, do take care

    Will see you soon. Need me to bring more pills, vitamins etc?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The other choice is to get back to work - you do not get sick when you work. The harder you work you get stronger. It is the enjoyment. the friendship, good food and magic moments that causes sickness. But I rather not work too. Take care

    Lilian and Joseph

    ReplyDelete
  3. The medicine, Vits etc can give you relief.
    But you must still do what I have repeatedly told you i.e. don't be shy to take the bus.
    Believe me, taking the bus will not lessen the amount of charity that you shall raise.
    Get well soon. And if the downslope is too steep, try sliding...

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi mr ong, mrs ong, les and li leng .. it is always so nice to receive comments. no need to take more Vits for me li leng (have good supply her already). i am feeling much better today, ready to resume tomorrow. anyway tomorrow is a light day - only 21km. mr ong - i have always admired you for your determination when you set your mind to do something, so with you as my role model, i know i will succeed, i must. les, even if i want to take the bus, very often there are no buses, no taxis. in short, the only way to get to where we want to is on your own two feet. so, what to do, die die must walk. we are walking through really remote areas, villages that have a population of less than 10, very often you don't see anyone! i have two steep decents in the coming week, i will remember your advice to slide, but i forgot to bring my bum pads!! Angie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Take care and don't push yourself too much.
    You are already a winner even if you stop now.
    Try beer with salt for cooling down. Me and my beer again.
    Cheers
    LAM

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi lam .. beer here is plentiful, i am sure you will enjoy every type available here. pity i cannot bring some back for you. i am going to bed now. we have an early start tomorrow!! Angie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Angie,
    Today is your best day. Take a good lunch and take it easy.
    Cheers and hugs from christine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Angie,
    I had given 2 bottles of pure coconut oil to Li Leng. You can also take it orally. apply on your blisters... very good on the skin. Take care.
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rest well and continue only when you have fully recovered...yu-lynn

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi helen, thanks for the coconut oil. greatly appreciate it. hi christine - hey you're physic ah - today is indeed our best day (read my today's blog). hi yu-lynn, i am fine now. resumed today and it was great. the next 7 days will be very tough but we will take it easy. thank you all for the comments. i love reading them. makes us feel wanted *hahaha*

    ReplyDelete